Call 01260 279411
- Breaking News
- Motion Control Industry Awards 2017
- HMK are in the top 5% of employers when it comes to looking after their employee safety.
- HMK invest in the future of engineering with new graduate recruits
- Siemens announce update to SINAMICS S120 Motor Modules
- HMK Continues push for extraordinary talent
- Neugart release new high performance Helical Geared Precision Gearbox
- HMK help raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support
- HMK & Parker hit the road
- Siemens TIA Portal Innovation Tour
- The new Neugart Gearbox will save you 30% more space!
- Integrated Drive Systems Roadshow 2016
- HMK help Siemens with opening of new £120k centre in Congleton
- We Are At Drives & Controls 2016
- HMK Host Succesful Future Workshop
- HMK complete investment into the UK's first Drive Centric Demo Facility
- Siemens appoints HMK Automation & Drives as a Value Added Reseller
- Could the G120C finally replace the Micromaster?
- HMK Nominated for Buildings & Energy Efficiency Award
- SPE Offshore Europe 2015
- Siemens safety truck visits HMK
- HMK goes green in push for ISO14001
- Parker truck rolls into town.
- Siemens IDS Roadshow 2015
- TIA Portal Tour 2015
- HMK supports growth for Congleton
- Energy efficiency and dynamic performance
- Siemens release SIMOTION web tutorials
- Remote Access Made Affordable
- Ethernet interface extends use of industrial monitors
- HMK Automation & Drives unveils £1million investment
- Totally Integrated Automation
- Tips for AC Gear Motor Selection
- Low voltage motors with Super Premium Efficiency IE4
- Efficient Motion Control engineering with Simotion version 4.4
- Installation of a SINAMICS G110M
- Neugart Calculation Program Update
- Industry 4.0
- Are you IE3 Ready?
- New from HMK, the Neugart HLAE hygienic gearbox
- Coast to Coast Success for the Christie
- HMK partners Siemens at Drives & Controls 2014
- Siemens Sinamics V20
- High Degree of Protection for Siemens Heating Control System
- Ethernet/IP Communication now on G120C AC Inverter
- New Sinamics G120 Control Unit adds positioning to Siemens AC vector inverter drives
- Mobile Inverter Drive Selection Tool
- New Sinamics Startdrive Software Available
- Sinamics S120 Firmware V4.6 Released
- Siemens Simatic S7-1500 Released
- Tech Team Get Excited as S7-1500 Starter Kit Arrives
- Siemens Simatic S7-1500 Play the Game!
- Siemens Simatic S7-1500 Starter Pack Available
- Mad March SALE on Siemens Field PGs 30% off !
- New Siemens Field PG M4 coming soon
- Motrona UZ210 Analogue to Digital Signal Converter
- Siemens Drive Spectrum Extended With G110M
- Demonstration Room Tour - TIA Wall Overview
- HMK appoints a new Graduate Engineer
- HMK appoints a new Applications Engineer
- Latest News
- News Archive
- Innovation News Archive
HMK invest in the future of engineering with new graduate recruits
Attracting new talent and promoting diversity is crucial to unlocking the wide range of skills and ideas that are going to drive this country’s engineering solutions moving forward. That's why HMK are committed to Investing in the next generation of engineers.
Over the past 6 month's HMK have held a number of graduate assessment days. We had over 500 engineering graduate applications from both under and postgraduates, from electrical and mechanical disciplines. We managed to whittle this number down to 25 over two separate days.
We put the candidates through a number of tests and situations they are likely to face in a typical working environment, and threw in some curve balls just for good measure!
We are proud to say that from this we have gone on to hire 3 candidates for immediate employment, with another 2 candidates starting in the summer of 2017.
The good news is there is a great pool of talent out there and it is our role, as experienced engineers, to develop and nurture this talent. We will be holding our next Assessment Day in April, during the Easter student break.
Read more below on what attracted the graduates to HMK.
From left to right, Herne Hollamby, Danielle Beever and Oliver Griffiths
We asked our graduates a couple of questions about what attracted them to the position and what they were most looking forward to getting involved in, read some of the answers below.
What attracted you to the HMK opportunity?
Oliver Griffiths said "My aim as a graduate was to find a job role that would help me to expand and diversify my knowledge and experience within the field of electrical and electronic engineering, and beyond. I discovered from the open day that HMK has been and is currently involved in a wide range of exciting projects across many industries, which involves mechanical as much as electrical and electronic engineering expertise. This confirmed for me that HMK was the right place to work outside of my comfort zone on exciting projects, allowing me to further develop my expertise through experience adapting to solve novel problems."
Danielle Beever said "Working in a smaller company gives greater visibility meaning you won’t get lost in a sea of graduates and are likely to be given more responsibility and opportunities earlier on.
What are you most looking forward to doing in your role?
Herne Hollamby said "I really enjoy the problem-solving aspect of my job and I look forward to applying this on bigger projects"
Oliver Griffiths said " HMK provides a graduate training plan that allows me to experience all aspects of the business to decide where I work most effectively, and take most interest. I am most looking forward to collaborating on, and eventually leading, projects. As a smaller company, HMK provides more responsibility and the opportunity to get involved in all aspects of the companies operation, which will help me to become a more well-rounded engineer through my career."
Dynamic list image override
Insert an image below to override the default dynamic list image for this page