Call 01260 279411
- Breaking News
- Motion Control Industry Awards 2017
- HMK are in the top 5% of employers when it comes to looking after their employee safety.
- HMK invest in the future of engineering with new graduate recruits
- Siemens announce update to SINAMICS S120 Motor Modules
- HMK Continues push for extraordinary talent
- Neugart release new high performance Helical Geared Precision Gearbox
- HMK help raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support
- HMK & Parker hit the road
- Siemens TIA Portal Innovation Tour
- The new Neugart Gearbox will save you 30% more space!
- Integrated Drive Systems Roadshow 2016
- HMK help Siemens with opening of new £120k centre in Congleton
- We Are At Drives & Controls 2016
- HMK Host Succesful Future Workshop
- HMK complete investment into the UK's first Drive Centric Demo Facility
- Siemens appoints HMK Automation & Drives as a Value Added Reseller
- Could the G120C finally replace the Micromaster?
- HMK Nominated for Buildings & Energy Efficiency Award
- SPE Offshore Europe 2015
- Siemens safety truck visits HMK
- HMK goes green in push for ISO14001
- Parker truck rolls into town.
- Siemens IDS Roadshow 2015
- TIA Portal Tour 2015
- HMK supports growth for Congleton
- Energy efficiency and dynamic performance
- Siemens release SIMOTION web tutorials
- Remote Access Made Affordable
- Ethernet interface extends use of industrial monitors
- HMK Automation & Drives unveils £1million investment
- Totally Integrated Automation
- Tips for AC Gear Motor Selection
- Low voltage motors with Super Premium Efficiency IE4
- Efficient Motion Control engineering with Simotion version 4.4
- Installation of a SINAMICS G110M
- Neugart Calculation Program Update
- Industry 4.0
- Are you IE3 Ready?
- New from HMK, the Neugart HLAE hygienic gearbox
- Coast to Coast Success for the Christie
- HMK partners Siemens at Drives & Controls 2014
- Siemens Sinamics V20
- High Degree of Protection for Siemens Heating Control System
- Ethernet/IP Communication now on G120C AC Inverter
- New Sinamics G120 Control Unit adds positioning to Siemens AC vector inverter drives
- Mobile Inverter Drive Selection Tool
- New Sinamics Startdrive Software Available
- Sinamics S120 Firmware V4.6 Released
- Siemens Simatic S7-1500 Released
- Tech Team Get Excited as S7-1500 Starter Kit Arrives
- Siemens Simatic S7-1500 Play the Game!
- Siemens Simatic S7-1500 Starter Pack Available
- Mad March SALE on Siemens Field PGs 30% off !
- New Siemens Field PG M4 coming soon
- Motrona UZ210 Analogue to Digital Signal Converter
- Siemens Drive Spectrum Extended With G110M
- Demonstration Room Tour - TIA Wall Overview
- HMK appoints a new Graduate Engineer
- HMK appoints a new Applications Engineer
- Latest News
- News Archive
- Innovation News Archive
Siemens announce update to SINAMICS S120 Motor Modules
The S120 drive from Siemens and HMK is renowned for its reliability, flexibility and performance.
Siemens have announced updates to the product that will see the drive platform stay ahead of the competition well into the future.
The key areas of improvement are overload performance and physical size leading to a more compact solution with potential cost savings.
Overview of the available Motor Modules in booksize format C/D type:
• C type: Optimized for continuous load with up to 200% overload (continuous motion)
• D type: Optimized for highly dynamic, intermittent load cycles with up to 300% overload (discontinuous motion)
Devices in booksize format C/D type are optimized for multi-axis applications and are mounted next to one another.
The connection for the common DC link is an integral part of the device. The device is internally air-cooled.
The Motor Modules in booksize format C/D type have been developed to be fully compatible with the booksize series regarding spare parts. The advantages of this new product include:
• The amount of space required beneath the Motor Modules has been reduced thanks to improvements in the design and a new motor plug connector
• With the new motor plug connector design, the brake conductors and the PE connection are integrated directly in the plug connector
• The motor connections on the Double Motor Module are located side by side, resulting in a significantly improved level of accessibility
• The fans can be simply replaced without having to remove the Motor Module
In October 2017, the existing format S120 drives will cease production, backwards compatibility will be achieved via the relevant new module and adapter cable.
We are pleased to advise that all current designs should now be migrated to the new C and D variants. Please speak to HMK directly for support in optimising your S120 solutions.
If you require assistance please contact our technical support team on 01260 279411.
Dynamic list image override
Insert an image below to override the default dynamic list image for this page