HMK to supply the new Siemens SIMATIC CPU
The CPU 317TF-2 DP is used in machines where a control with a large program memory coincides with high processing speed, motion control requirements and Safety Integrated. For the first time it is possible to integrate these functions onto a single Simatic controller.
Typical applications include Palletizers, Carton erectors, Flying shears, Labelling machines and simple gantries with interpolation.
The typical application for motion control functions is for 3-8 axes. The maximum number of axes is 32. Along with accurate single axis positioning, the module is suitable primarily for complex motion sequences such as coupling to form a virtual or actual master, gearing, cam, or print mark correction.
The Safety Integrated functionality is compliant with the relevant standards: EN 954-1 (up to Cat. 4), IEC 62061 (up to SIL 3) and EN ISO 13849 (up to PL e).
As a result of its capacity, the CPU 317TF-2 DP is ideal for the use of SIMATIC Engineering Tools, for example programming with SCL or step programming with S7-GRAPH.
- Motion, Safety and standard programming in one controller
- High performance CPU
- PROFIsafe via PROFIBUS DP
- Direct control of drive fail-safe functions
- Compliance with relevant safety standards
- Cost saving through use of one integrated engineering package STEP 7
- Failsafe SIMATIC CPU with integral Technology/Motion Control functionality
- With full functionality of the standard CPU 317-2 DP and CPU 317F-2 DP
- For cross-industry automation tasks in series machine, special machine and plant construction
- Ideal for synchronized motion, such as coupling to a virtual/real master, gear synchronization, cam disk or print mark compensation
- 3D path interpolation with different kinematics
- Used as central controller in production lines with central and distributed I/O
- Distributed intelligence in Component Based Automation (CBA) on PROFIBUS DP
- With integrated I/O for high-speed technology functions (e.g. camming, reference point acquisition)
- PROFIBUS DP (DRIVE) interface for isochronous connection of drive components
- One common S7 user program for control and motion control tasks (no additional programming language necessary for motion control)
- "S7-Technology" option package required
- "S7 Distributed Safety" option package required